I decided with summer approaching it’s time to try out some swimsuit patterns. My first try was Create Kids Couture Tankini!
Due to some issues with the pattern for the bottoms I’m still in the process of making my suit but I did finish my top. I used the Galaxy Scuba knit from Girl Charlee and Loved it!
The tankini itself wasn’t too tough to put together and I was pretty happy with the results. Mine was a little tight around my bust, but I could wear it out and about and not be embarrassed and if I manage to lose a few pounds like I want it will be perfect!
The bottoms on the other hand wouldn’t fit over my thighs. I made the largest size possible to go with the top and they wouldn’t cover anything – wouldn’t even get closet to pulling up to anything…. My current plan is to use the Jocole undies to make a pattern to replace the bottoms to go with the tankini top…. I’m not sure why the bottoms were so far off, but it did make me wonder if they were tested on XL size women.
Note: Also when I purchased the pattern it wouldn’t download, the file was corrupt and I had to message and wait for the pattern to arrive – including sending proof that I had bought the pattern. Though I do like their other patterns I can’t say I’ll recommend them or even purchase anymore. The last time I tried to re-download the pattern it was still corrupt.
After I create my own merge of a couple patterns to finish off this suit I’m going to try Jalie’s swimsuit pattern also.
Swimsuits are a custom order. Please let us know if you would like to inquire about a custom suit.
Source: New feed